Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm on a boat YEAH!

Well, not a boat. A ship. It's super large.
So I'm here! I can't believe its actually happening. So far, it's looking like this is going to be a great job. I have a little cabin that reminds me of a dorm room, but its all for myself with no windows, so I can sleep in the afternoons if I need to in complete darkness. The only downside is that its not amongst the other entertainers, so I kind of have to go out of my way to meet them and hang, which hasn't been a problem just yet. However, I pretty much have to drink to hang out, which is not great for what I planned to to. I'll have to work with that.

It's been just jumping in really quickly into what I'll be doing for six months. Right when I got on the boat, I had rehearsal, and then performed the next day. I also hosted the Karaoke, which was really hard considering I'm having to come up with banter. However, I think I'll get used to all of the above as time goes on.

This job is going to be SUUUUUPER chill. I will have a lot of time off during the day to explore the islands, practice guitar, write songs, work out, and they have free Rosetta Stone, so I've decided I'm going to learn Spanish. Something tells me I'll need it in the future...

I like everyone so far. Everyone is either super super peppy or darkly sarcastic, so either way I'm pretty happy. Also, I'm one of the only USA kids on the boat. There are barely any of us working on here. A lot of people are from Eastern Europe, Russia, Canada, Britain, South America, the Philippians, etc. I love that. Its like this floating UN.

More pictures and stories to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment