Saturday, October 2, 2010

I work with sexy, tall Leprechauns

I'm on my third week of work at the Old Castle Pub. I live there practically. I eat there. I keep my stuff there. I could shower there if I wanted to. It's one of those nicer hole in the wall pubs in the city that is kinda tucked away on a semi-busy 54th and 7th. When I walk off the subway to get to my job, I see the theatre for "Promises Promises" and the Ed Sullivan Theatre where they film "The Late Show." Bad Boy Entertainment is down the way. And I can see the lights of Times Square. You turn the corner, and there is my restaurant, lookin like a toy castle attached to a giant hotel. The "Ziegfeld" is across the street. My coworker Roison said that one of us should dress up like a castle and advertise on the street. I hate that. Its worse than the Commons, JMU kids. So many people trying to sell shit. So many human signs and people dressed as giant animals. Its a circus.

Anyway, I work with a bunch of Irish kids who live in NYC just for fun, with some California girls in the mix. Some are students, and some are just trying to figure their lives out and wanted to do it in NY. The bartenders are...well lets just say they are very attractive, not to mention their accents. That's just the first perk. They feed me two meals a day, which happen to be very good Irish and Mexican dishes, and I get a free beer at the end of my shift. And not piss beer. I could have a Guinness if I wanted. Only down side is some shifts can be 12 hours long, and man. Its exhausting. My days off are jewels. 

So much better than the last job. Aeropostale in the Manhattan Mall. Never again. What a clusterfuck of crazy people throwing shirts everywhere. It was a never ending folding mission. And the managers couldn't remember my name after having worked there for 3 weeks. There was one night where I was there till 2am folding, and even then I had to ask to leave. I kind of never quit...but I just started not showing up. I still need my paycheck from that job...

O and auditioning! haha. Remember that thing I came up here to do? Well I've been to at least 10 since I've been here. The very first one the guy told me I needed to lose 30lbs, which is true. I've known that all along, and I am taking small strides that will become big strides to conquer my chub. Most auditions I've felt good and got positive feedback, but didn't get a callback. Except for the Avenue Q audition. I made it through typing out, but by the time I auditioned, I wasn't warmed up and had been up since 5am, and practically screamed the last note. :/

However, in the past few weeks, auditioning has tapered off for me, in that I haven't been going to as many. I'll go to one a week, but I have a contract now with Carnival Cruise lines to be a front singer in a band on the boat. I'm just waiting on everything medical to go through, hence the still working at the Pub. You just never know. If that happens, I'll leave here near the end of October and cheat a NYC winter, returning in April. muahahaha. 

There are so many dogs screaming outside my window right now...Michael Vick must be in town. 






No comments:

Post a Comment