Friday, October 1, 2010

Subway Encounters, and the like

So I wanted to list the encounters I've had so far over the past month just so I don't forget...

1. An old homeless man that told me to have a good day and said, "You know, you're a pretty girl--" I didn't hear the rest because I ran right out the door and up the stairs.

2. A full mariachi band.

3. A guy who could dance like crazy and could dislocate his arm in several positions so it could wrap around himself around the back.

4. A mentally handicap young man, who took to listening to his phone boombox, singing 3 pitches over and over for a half hour, as an Indian woman close to him stifled laughter.

5. A man who was giving out free food, explaining that he had exchanged his life as a crack head for a life of faith with Jesus, and wanted donations. This wouldn't be so bad if his voice was not as loud and abrasive as DMX at 6:45am.

6. A series of random " 'scuze me. I will only take a minute of your time, but I have AIDS and kids and I am jobless and homeless. Please give me money."

7. The most beautiful children I've ever seen dressed like each other and their mother.

And the list will continue I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment